One of my admittedly few goals for 2020 (I’m not a big resolutions guy, but that’s another story) is to blog a fair bit more. Over the past three months, in a number of unsolicited conversations with pastors, I have been reminded of the blog and urged strongly to get myself writing more frequently.
Feeling suitably chastised, here I am.
A quirky problem I have is that I prefer to produce more substantial posts. But in the busyness of life and ministry, this can lead, unsurprisingly, to an inevitable outcome: not much blogging. So my thought this year is to produce briefer, less well crafted pieces, that will nonetheless seek to get the point across.
Some topics of interest to me just now include :
- the practicalities of preaching Christ in every sermon
- improving my interpretation and application of narratives
- how to address controversial matters in sermons
- the place of passion and how to cultivate it authentically
- moving our sermons from Sunday only events to pervading the church week
- dealing with distractions in the moment of preaching.
I’d love to hear (either in the comments or by personal dm) what topics you’d like to see me blog about in 2020?
What are we all wrestling with in our preaching at the moment?Tweet