I appreciated this from Mark Howell: What you’ll never hear about a preaching ministry in seminary.
1. Your ministry will not be easy.
2. Time for study will be an ongoing challenge.
3. God’s Word is sufficient even when we are not.
4. The rush for relevance will be a constant drain on you and your preaching.
5. What you say is more important than how you say it, but how you say it has never been more important.
6. Pride is an ever present reality for the preacher.
7. You must concentrate on the depth of your walk with God and let God take care of the breadth of your work for Him.
8. When things can go wrong, they will go wrong…be faithful anyway:
9. People are not your enemy
10. Your family must be a priorityTweet