Some things that would be worth your attention:
- A slam dunk of an article in Christianity Today: The Troubled State of Christian Preaching by Mark Galli. He concludes:
“The current state of our preaching is driven by an admirable desire to show our age the relevance of the gospel. But our recent attempts have inadvertently turned that gospel into mere good advice—about sex, about social ethics, about how to live successfully. This either offends or bores our culture. A renewed focus on the Cross, articulated in a culturally intelligent way, is the only way forward. Some will be scandalized by it, others will call it foolishness, and yet some will cling to it as salvation.”
- Pulpit Magazine returns. Sign up pastors!
- Tim Challies explodes the romanticized view of preaching preparation. An important bubble to burst!
- This is great. All audio from the EMA (Evangelical Ministry Assembly) is now available for free.
- Thinking of a church apprenticeship later this year? Interested in Proclamation Trust, Cornhill, for 2013?